I. Phonetics ( 5 points)
Directions:In each of the following groups of words, there are four underlined letters or letter combinations marked A, B, C and D. Compare the underlined parts and identify the one that is different from the others in pronunciation. Mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
1. 请选择出划线部分读音不同的选项( )。
2. 请选择出划线部分读音不同的选项( )。
3. 请选择出划线部分读音不同的选项( )。
4. 请选择出划线部分读音不同的选项( )。
5. 请选择出划线部分读音不同的选项( )。
II. Vocabulary and Structure ( 15 points)
Directions : There are 15 incomplete sentences in this section. For each sentence there are fourchoices marked A, B, C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
6. Only in my thirties__________ a purpose in life.
A. did I find
B. I did find
C. I found
【应试指导】句意：直到到了30多岁，我才找到了生活的目的。“only+介词短语”结构置于句首时，句子要用倒装结构。由in my thirties可知，句子应为一般过去时，只有A项符合题意，故选A。
7. __________his telephone number, she didn' t know how to get in touch with him.
A. Having forgotten
B. To have forgotten
D. To forget
8. These are the pictures of the hotel__________ we held our annual meetings.
9. I wonder if there is __________ university in your hometown.
10. It is __________ that text messaging while driving is dangerous.
11. My secretary usually opens my post__________it's marked "private".
12. My aunt's business has been doing poorly,but she's hoping that her__________will change.
13. Who should be responsible__________the accident?
14. The old man, together with his neighbors,__________the performance when it began to rain.
A. have enjoyed
B. has enjoyed
C. was enjoying
D. were enjoying
【应试指导】句意：开始下雨时，那个老人和他的邻居正在欣赏表演。当主语后跟有介词短语together with时，谓语动词的数与介词短语前的主语一致。此处谓语动词的数应与the old man一致，应为单数，且此处表示过去正在进行的动作，应用过去进行时，故选C。
15. My teacher recommended that I__________as careful as possible when I took an exam.
A. will be
16. Several novels by Mo Yan___________ into English so far.
A. had been translated
B. were translated
C. are translated
D. have been translated
【应试指导】句意：到目前为止，莫言的几本小说已经被翻译成英文。由SO far可知，句子的谓语动词应用现在完成时态，且主语several novels与谓语动词为被动关系，故应用现在完成时态的被动语态形式，故选D。
17. The pianist didn' t__________until the last minute before the concert.
A. turn up
B. turn out
C. turn off
D. turn on
【应试指导】句意：这个钢琴家直到音乐会开始前最后一分钟才出现。turn up出现;turn out关掉;turn off关掉。完成;turn on打开。
18.--I'm sorry about the misunderstanding.
--You__________apologize ; it wash' t your fault.
A. needn' t
B. wouldn' t
C. couldn' t
D. mustn' t
19. Let' s go to the airport a little earlier__________we can choose better seats.
A. now that
B. for that
C. by that
D. so that
20. Jason made sharp comments on Mary' s idea, but he didn' t mean__________her.
A. to be hurt
B. to hurt
【应试指导】句意：杰森对玛丽的观点给出了犀利的评价，但他并不是有意要伤害她。mean to dosth.意为“有意做某事”，符合题意。mean doingsth.表示“意味着……”。
III. Cloze ( 30 points)
Directions:For each blank in the following passage, there are four choices marked A, B, Cand D. Choose the one that is most suitable and mark your answer by blackeningthe corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
Where do cars get their energy from? For most cars,the answer is petrol. 21__________some cars useelectricity. These cars have 22__________motors that get their power from large batteries. In 23__________, thereare even cars that have 24__________an electric motor and a petrol motor. These types of cars are 25__________hybrid ( 混合 ) cars.
Most people tend to think of electric cars as a new 26__________,but they have been around for a longtime. In the 27__________19th and early 20th centuries electric cars were common because the technology for petrol engines was not very advanced. But 28__________the petrol engine became easier to make and more powerful,this type of engines became the most 29__________. Interest in electric cars was high in the 1970s and 1980s because 30__________became very expensive. Recently, electric cars have again become well-liked because people want cars that pollute 31__________
Electric cars are better than petrol cars 32__________several ways. The biggest benefit is reduced pol- lution. In areas 33__________there is a high percentage of electric cars, pollution is not that serious. The second benefit of electric cars is a 34__________in the dependence on foreign oil. Several countries don' t want to 35__________on oil from other countries. Since electric cars can run on electricity from coal or nu- clear power stations, there is less need to import oil.